Chemainus Arts and Culture
Fine Artists, Craftspeople, Musicians,
Theatre, Murals and Museums
Showcasing the extraordinary creative talents throughout Chemainus and the Cowichan Valley. View the gallery selections, and check for current exhibitions in the calendar
- painters in watercolour, oils, acrylics, mixed media on canvas,
wood or other surfaces
- sculptors of wood, stone, glass, and clay,
- photographers - portrait, wedding, character, exploratory
- fiber artists - rug hooking, clothing, quilts, laces, linens
- jewellers - rings, belt buckles, bracelets, brooches,
corporate pieces, finely crafted in gold, silver & platinum
- literary artists - writers and poets
The Cowichan Valley also has exceptional galleries, most of which carry local or Canadian made artistic treasures.
Chemainus is famous for its murals, so take a tour of our outdoor gallery here.
The process of mural-making has fascinated hundreds of thousands of visitors to our beautiful region around Chemainus. Look for the upcoming journey through the step by step process of creating a mural from a Chemainus Mural Artist.