Fast Facts about Chemainus
on Vancouver Island
- Population :3900
- Location: 1 hour north of Victoria (80 kilometers), or 1/2 hour south of Nanaimo
- Climate:West Coast Marine
- Local Government:
District of North Cowichan
- Schools in the Cowichan Valley
- Vancouver Island Library
- Churches of the Region
Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Congregational Church, Pentecostal, United, other
- BC Ambulance Services
- Fire Dept.
Canada Post Office
- Island Coach Services, taxi, Thetis/Kuper Island Ferries,
Daily rail service, Cassidy Airport (with connector flights to Vancouver)
see more details and links . . .
- CIBC Bank, Chemainus Credit Union , Chemainus Insurance Services, Island Savings Insurance Services Ltd. see more information . . .
- Extended Care Hospital
with emergency facilities, 5-Doctor medical clinic, 2 Dentists,Physiotherapist, Massage Therapists, Chiropractor, Optician, Holistic Practitioners, Psychologist, Veterinary Clinic
- more on health related services . . .
Accommodations in Chemainus, Ladysmith, Duncan, Cowichan Bay and Mill Bay areas :
- Chemainus area Bed & Breakfast, Inns & Motels/Hotels, Campgrounds & Cottages, Seasonal & Rental Holiday Homes. more information on accommodations here . . .
- Healthcare Foundation
- Rotary Club
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Service organizations lisiting and links here . .
Cultural & Arts Organizations
- Historical Society
- Festival of Murals Society
- Sketch Group
- Live Theatre
- See details in arts sections or events calendar
- Including arenas, parks, trails, marine related information. see more here . .
- Kuper Island
- Willy's Island
- Shell Beach